- Hot chili sauce
- 1 ½ lb (680 grams) bison ground
- ½ cup (125 ml) onion, finally chopped
- 1 medium Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pepper
- Mix all of ingredients together except chili sauce. Shape into patties about ½ ( 6.25 cm) inch thick. Brush Grill with vegetable oil.
- Grill patties about 4 inches from coals, turning once, until they are done to your taste. (4-5 minutes on each side for medium)
- Broil Burgers: Set oven control to broil. Place patties on rack in the broiler pan. Broil with the tops about 3 inches from the heat, turning once, until done. (Broil 4-5 minutes for medium)
- Serve with hot chili sauce.
Recipe courtesy of The Canadian Bison Association (https://www.canadianbison.ca/consumers/enjoying-bison/recipes/burgers-things/prairie-fire-buffalo-burgers)